Information


202 Park Street

P.O. Box 48
Bishop Hill, IL 61419
 
 

Museum Times


Open 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily
from May 1st to October 31st

 

HHC Map

dentistA favorite exhibit for many visitors to the Henry County Historical Museum is the recreated office of long-time Galva dentist, Dr. Leo C. "Doc" Burcky.

Dr. Burcky maintained his practice for over 54 years before retiring in late 1984.  He died in April of the following year.  Equipment from his office was donated to the historical museum later that year and continues to be an interesting part of what the museum has to offer its visitors and friends.

Dr. Burcky first came to Galva in September of 1930, soon after graduation from Northwestern Dental School.  He purchased the practice of Dr. Earl J. Huston, who had followed his father, Dr. J.P. Huston.

The Galva Chamber of Commerce honored Dr. Burcky as Galva Citizen of the Year in 1974.  He served on the Galva District 224 Board of Education for 15 years, four as president.